The Great Ice Bear Adventure
Small Group Tour
Your adventure in Canada’s Far North begins on the light aircraft flight to Churchill. From high above the remote hinterland you may well see polar bear, caribou, moose and wolf. Under the guidance of a team of specialist guides, you’ll trek the region’s remote tundra and witness wild polar bears in their natural habitat. Climb aboard lumbering Tundra Buggies for a ‘lunch with the bears’ experience. After dinner each evening you may be lucky enough to witness the Northern Lights in the Arctic’s clear skies.
7 Nights from £8,700pp
We’re here to help
• Daily, guided hikes across the tundra to view polar bears and other Arctic wildlife, up-close and-personal, in their natural habitat.
• Indulging your taste buds with tundra-inspired cuisine, complemented by select Canadian wines.
• Sky gazing! The geographical location beneath the Aurora Oval offers the opportunity to enjoy the greatest light show on earth from within the lodge or out in the secure compound.
• Educational evening presentations by lodge managers or naturalist guides about the Arctic ecosystems, landscape and lifestyle.
• Exploring the historic port of Churchill, meeting local characters, and uncovering its charms.
• Polar bears from a different perspective! Enjoy a chartered Tundra Buggy tour as you explore a different part of the Hudson Bay coastline.
• Roundtrip airfare between Winnipeg and Churchill, Manitoba
• Roundtrip airfare between Churchill and Dymond Lake Ecolodge
• Two nights’ accommodations in Winnipeg
• One nights’ accommodations in Churchill
• Three nights’ lodge accommodations at Dymond Lake Ecolodge
• Chartered Tundra Buggy® tour
• All meals, excursions and guide services while in Churchill and at the Lodge
• Winter gear*
*The winter gear provided is designed to fit guests from child to adult. Boot sizes larger than a men’s size 13 or a very small child are customised sizes that are not provided. Additionally, guests over 6’4” may be required to bring their own gear as there may not be clothing sizes to fit.
Arrive in Winnipeg and spend the rest of the day relaxing at The Grand Hotel. In the evening, you’ll meet your adventure specialists and get to know the rest of the group over a friendly welcome dinner. But head to bed early, ready for your morning flight to Churchill and the Arctic adventure which lies ahead.
The light aircraft flight up the rugged Hudson Bay Coast to Dymond Lake Lodge is an experience in itself. Keep your eyes peeled for caribou, moose, wolf and polar bear which can be seen roaming below. After a polar bear briefing, you’ll take a guided hike of the stark coastline. At night, climb the hotel’s aurora-viewing tower, where if you’re lucky, the elusive Northern Lights will make an appearance.
You’ll spend the next two days exploring Arctic Canada’s remote tundra, looking for polar bears with our team of specialist bear guides. The treks are fairly gentle, focusing on good viewing and photo opportunities. It’s back to the lodge for a relaxing lunch before the afternoon’s activities. After dinner, there’ll be various talks and slide shows, plus a briefing about the next day’s schedule.
After a hearty breakfast, it’s time to fly back to Churchill. You’ll have some time to explore this frontier town, perhaps taking in Cape Merry, the Port of Churchill, the Eskimo Museum and Parks Canada exhibit, and checking out its restaurants. Dog sledding and helicopter flights can be arranged if you so choose.
Navigate the tundra in tundra buggies for an exhilarating ‘lunch with the bears’. You’ll fly south to Winnipeg this evening for a final night at The Grand Hotel.
After breakfast, you’ll be driven back to the airport for your return flight home.