We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and take this very seriously.
Who we are and how to contact us
You can find our full contact details and get in touch with us here.
By making an enquiry, a booking, visiting our website(s), online platforms or using any of our products or services, you agree and consent to your personal information being used and disclosed in the manner set out in this Privacy Statement.
You do not have to provide your personal information to us, but if you do not provide certain information we may be limited to provide some products and services to you. This Privacy Statement forms part of your contract with us for the travel and/or those products or services provided.
The personal information we collect
We may collect personal data directly from you when you make an enquiry or booking. The data collected will be for the purpose of processing the booking request and fulfilling the contract which has been entered into. The data will be shared with suppliers of the travel services required in order for the request to be fulfilled.
- When you register with us for promotions, competitions, corporate accounts, loyalty programmes, marketing lists or similar services we may collect your name, date of birth, contact details and any other information relevant to the service you are signing up for.
- When you book a product or service with us we will collect personal information from you which may include – name, date of birth, passport details, contact details, payment details and any other information required to fulfil the booking. When repatriating passengers on behalf of an Assistance Company in addition we may also collect personal medical information relating to the reason for return.
- When you are making payment, we will collect different information depending on the payment method. This may include credit cardholder name, address, card number, expiry date and CVC code.
What we do with your personal information
We use the information provided in the following ways:
- To fulfil our agreement with you and/or dealing with your booking or intended booking, including processing your booking, sending you your itinerary and tickets or other details relating to your booking and contacting you in regard to your booking.
- Liaising with and transferring your data to other travel providers, airlines, service providers and/or travel facilitators so that they can facilitate your travel arrangements.
- Personalisation of the service you receive, being aware of previous travel experiences or preferences and tailoring the way we provide our products or services to you based on your preferences and profile.
- Providing Advanced Passenger Information for passengers landing in certain countries. If you do not provide this information our travel providers may not be able to provide travel and may not be able to provide a refund or re-booking.
- Sharing data with loyalty schemes and operators, where you have those accounts.
- The provision of access to lounges, and other airport products or services.
- Interaction with you at different touch points throughout your journey (for example we may inform you that your trip departure has changed).
- We may use location data for our mobile website and mobile app (where applicable) to enable us to provide the most helpful format and content (for example pre-populating the departure airport, airport codes and payment country) providing that you have agreed to the use of your location data.
- To answer any queries which you may send to us by email or other forms of communication. We may keep a record of these contacts including call recordings (to the extent permitted by applicable law).
- In order to conduct customer satisfaction surveys and improve the products and services we offer or create new products and services.
- To meet our legal compliance obligations or for accounting or audit purposes, including the prevention of fraud for online payments and use of loyalty schemes.
- To protect our property, rights and interests as well as the property, rights and interests of other persons.
- For legal purposes, such as to respond to a valid legal subpoena or regulatory order.
- For credit checking and credit scoring purposes.
- For crime prevention and detection.
- For direct marketing purposes as set out in detail below in the section ‘How do we use your personal information for marketing purposes’?
What sensitive personal data might we require or hold?
Sensitive personal data includes data about an individual’s health and religion and other categories of personal data which are closely protected. We do not generally collect this information from you (or those you are booking for) but where we do we seek to minimise the collection and use of it.
Where you or an Assistance Company working on your behalf have notified us of a health issue that you or someone in your booking:
- May require medical permission to fly, or special conditions or assistance whilst travelling (for example stretcher or oxygen)
- Is pregnant
- Requires special assistance either on our planes, at destinations or activities or at airports
You agree that you have voluntarily provided the information to us and that you consent (and those you are booking for consent) for us to use that information to provide you with these products or services and supply this information to our suppliers (for example airlines) in order to determine your fitness to avail yourself of our products or services.
Where your religion or health status could be inferred from meal preferences, we will not link this information or use it in any other way other than to fulfil your meal request.
In each case, you specifically consent (on your behalf and on behalf of those you are booking for) that we can use and transfer outside your local country to anywhere in the world where you are travelling.
Who we might share your personal information with
We may disclose information about you as follows:
- To governments, border control agencies, regulators and others as permitted or required by law, in relation to Advance Passenger Information or such other legal requirements as apply from time to time when travelling to or from a particular country
- To third parties whose products or services you are purchasing such as airlines, tour operators, hotel and car hire
- To our third-party service providers and processors, as set out below
- To third party social media platforms to provide social media platforms to deliver the user’s requested functionality
- In operating our loyalty schemes and referrals to other loyalty schemes, as set out in their terms
- We may also disclose your personal information as permitted or required by law. For example, we will disclose personal information to those governmental bodies who have authority to obtain it, in order to comply with a warrant or subpoena issued by a court of competent jurisdiction, and to comply with record production requirements
- In the event of a sale of all or substantially all of the assets of Meon Valley Travel Limited, sale or transfer of the business, such Meon Valley Travel Limited may transfer personal information in its control to a third-party purchaser that agrees to use personal information for the same reasons identified in this Privacy Statement
- To anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you
- Your friend, if you make a request to refer a friend or similar
- Where you have authorised someone else to manage your booking
- To customs and/or immigration departments or other regulatory authorities in your country of departure and/or destination (or countries you transit through or overfly during your journey) in order to comply with the law in those countries
- If we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so
- To our employees and agents to do any of the above on our behalf, now or in the future.
On what legal basis will we process your information?
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds set out below:-
Performance of a Contract
If you make a booking through us we will use the details that you give to provide that booking to you. This information is likely to include your name, date of birth, contact details, payment details, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
If you let your accommodation with us we will use the information collect details such as your name, contact details, bank account details and details regarding the accommodation you wish to let to perform our agreement(s) with you.
If you do not provide us with the information set out in this paragraph, then we may not be able to provide the booking or our letting services.
We may use your name and email contact details you have given us to tell you about our own products and services which we think may be of interest to you. You can ask us to stop doing so at any time.
We may use some of your personal information for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services.
We may share your email address with Google and/or Facebook or other web based advertising platforms (“Platforms”) , who act as data processors for them to use on our behalf in connection with the creation of marketing and promotion for us. This may include the Platforms using socio-demographic information about you to identify other people like you, with similar interests to present our marketing to. This socio-demographic information is not used for any other purpose nor shared with any other party. No information about other individuals identified from these Platforms is shared with us at any time.
The above are done on the basis that they are in the legitimate interest of our company.
This website operates an email newsletter programme, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter programme. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list].
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity. In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites, similar to; www.meonvalleytravel.com)
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
We may ask your consent to use your name, SMS , phone number(s) and postal address to tell you about our own products and services which we think may be of interest to you.
If you agree, we may also pass on your information, in certain cases, for the purposes of conducting a credit check.
You can withdraw your consent at any time.
We may also disclose your personal data without your permission to the extent that we are required to do so by law or regulation.
How we work with other service providers
For operational reasons we transfer personal information to service providers who help us manage our systems and processes and to deliver our products or services. These may include: banks and payment card verification providers, our data warehouse and customer relationship divisions, marketing organisations (who may provide support for marketing and promotional communications). Internet service providers who administer our Platforms and provide internet services and host our systems. Airlines, tour operator and hotels booking platforms, chauffeurs, airport ground handling and assistance teams, car services agencies. IT service providers and consumer research companies that assist us with understanding consumer interests by conducting surveys. We have implemented safeguards to ensure that our service providers treat personal information in a way that is consistent with the terms of this Privacy Statement and applicable laws, and that it is not used except to fulfil products or services to us or where we believe it is necessary for a legitimate reason connected with the products or services we offer.
How long do we retain your data for?
Children under the age of 16 years of age are not permitted to make a travel booking. Children can travel unaccompanied but only when a parent gives consent and makes the reservation for the child.
Withdrawing your consent
You do not have to provide us with your personal information. However, if you choose not to provide certain personal information we request and/or require or consent to its use and disclosure we may not be able to fulfil your booking.
All marketing communications we send to you will provide you with a way to withdraw your consent to future marketing. If you no longer wish to receive promotional materials you may opt-out of receiving these by contacting us.
By unsubscribing from marketing communications, you will still receive operational and service messages from us regarding your booking and responses to your enquiries made to us.
You have the right to ask us at any time:-
- To confirm whether we hold any of your personal data;
- To send you a copy of any personal data that we hold about you;
- To correct any inaccuracies in your personal data and to add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete;
- To delete (to the extent possible) any of your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- To stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- To let you have a portable copy of the personal data we hold about you, where we are required by law to do so;
- To stop processing any of your personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests; and
- To stop sending you marketing material. However please note that we may continue to send you service related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as email updates
Where we have reached a decision that affects you by processing your personal data automatically then you have the right to speak to someone to discuss that decision.
Where we process your personal data on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so then you may contact us at any time to withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please inform us in writing to the address below.
IP addresses and Cookies
Cookies identify the computer you are using not you personally. On our website(s) we use session cookies to store your current session details. We may use a 30-day cookie to store a campaign or referrer that might have sent you to the site. We may also use a more persistent cookie if you logged in to the site to access your profile. We use an analytics tool to understand which website pages you are visiting and to help us improve the customer journey through the website(s) and site effectiveness. This data allows us to improve the quality of your visit and develop programmes, navigation and content that will be of interest to you.
We collect information about your computer (not your name, address, email address or telephone number) through your permanent cookie file for the purpose of assessing the effectiveness of site content and traffic. This data allows us to improve the quality of your visit.
Links to third party sites
Our websites may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by parties other than us. Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference only. We do not control websites which we do not operate and are not responsible for their contents or your use of them. Inclusion of these links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. You should seek information concerning any financial protection that may be available to you from any non-ABTA company, as ABTA financial protection would not apply to these companies.
Our Contact details
Meon Valley Travel, 32 High Street, Petersfield, Hants GU32 3JL
You can also contact our Data Protection Representative Karen Beagrie on 01730 711001
Policy updated 18/04/18