Right to be forgotten

Meon Valley Travel’s right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data.

This is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances. When processing is restricted Meon Valley Travel is permitted to store personal data, but not use it. You can make a request for restriction verbally or in writing and we commit to record and respond to your request within one month.

What is the right to restrict processing?

Article 18 of the GDPR gives individuals the right to restrict the processing of their personal data in certain circumstances. This means that an individual can limit the way that an organisation uses their data. This is an alternative to requesting the erasure of their data.

Individuals have the right to restrict the processing of their personal data where they have a particular reason for wanting the restriction. This may be because they have issues with the content of the information you hold or how you have processed their data. In most cases you will not be required to restrict an individual’s personal data indefinitely, but will need to have the restriction in place for a certain period of time.

Therefore, as a matter of good practice we automatically restrict the processing whilst we are considering its accuracy or the legitimate grounds for processing the personal data in question.

Meon Valley Travel can refuse to comply with a request for restriction if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, taking into account whether the request is repetitive in nature. Where your request to be forgotten conflicts with our ability to fulfil a contract or a legal obligation for you, this may compromise our ability to fulfil the contract.

If a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive we can request a ‘reasonable fee’ to deal with the request; or refuse to deal with the request. In either case we will justify any such decision. At all times you will have the right to make a complaint to the ICO or another supervisory authority; and to seek to enforce this right through a judicial remedy.