Spirit of Vietnam
Discover the varied sights, sounds and flavours of this enchanting country, touring the fascinating cities of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), the Vietnam war-era Cu Chi tunnels, and the historic pearls of Hué and Hoi An. A day cruise through the Mekong delta and an overnight cruise amid the magical landscapes of Halong Bay are both included.
14 Days from £2,395pp
We’re here to help
• Tour of the Hanoi Military History Museum with a former NVA pilot
• Cruise in the less-visited Lan Ha Bay
• Meal at a restored royal home of the Nguyen dynasty in Hue
• Full-day exploration of the Mekong delta’s waterways
• Stay in 5-star accommodation
• Movenpick Hotel Hanoi
• Boutique Hoi An Resort
• Pilgrimage Village Boutique Resort & Spa
• Grand Hotel Saigon
• No single supplement on selected departure dates
• Small group size – average 12 people
• 4- & 5-star accommodation options
• Flexible – extensions & flight upgrades available
• Direct international & internal flights
• Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles
• Experienced local tour manager
• 11 breakfasts, 5 lunches & 4 dinners
• Guided sightseeing & entrance fees
• Welcome & farewell dinners
• Day at leisure in Hoi An
Overnight flight from London (regional connections available) direct to Hanoi with Vietnam Airlines.
Morning tour of the Museum of Ethnology, Hoan Kiem Lake, Ngoc Son temple and the Temple of Literature. Afternoon visit to Ba Dinh Square, walk outside Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum, then visit the residence and One Pillar Pagoda. Continue to the Military History Museum and then meet with former NVA pilot Nguyen Hong My. Optional evening excursion to a water puppet show (payable locally).
Cruise today in an area similar to Halong Bay but with far fewer visitors, known as Lan Ha Bay, in the Gulf of Tonkin. Stay overnight onboard the Indochine.
Morning cruise in Lan Ha Bay. Disembark and drive to Hanoi airport and fly to Hoi An, one of Asia’s most enchanting towns. Stay 3 nights at the beachfront Boutique Hoi An Resort.
Day at leisure. Optional classes at the Red Bridge cooking school (payable locally).
Morning drive over the spectacular Hai Van Pass (weather permitting) to Hue, visiting the Museum of Cham Sculpture in Danang en route. Afternoon at leisure. Stay at the Pilgrimage Village* for 2 nights.
Morning visit to Hue citadel, which encompasses the numerous pavilions, temples and courtyards of the former Imperial City, including the Purple Forbidden City. Continue to Thien Mu pagoda, then take a short cruise on the Perfume River back to the city centre. After lunch, visit the tombs of the Nguyen emperors Tu Duc and Khai Dinh. Dinner this evening will be at a restored royal home of the Nguyen dynasty.
Fly to Ho Chi Minh City and transfer to the Grand Hotel* for a 3-night stay.
Full-day exploration of the Mekong Delta, including a trip to Cai Be, a boat ride exploring the smaller channels and walking in the countryside.