Mara Bushtops Tour
Luxury and tranquillity at an exclusive tented camp raised above the Mara plains for spectacular views
While some camps simply serve as a base to explore the incredible surrounds, Mara Bushtops is a destination in itself. This award-winning camp borders the Maasai Mara reserve and is surrounded by a private conservancy, which allows for off-road and night game drives. All dining is à la carte and there’s even an underground wine cellar with a fine selection of wines from all over the world. And with a salt lick at the waterhole, animals visit the camp day and night.
The 12 lavish tents are among the biggest in East Africa. All have 24-hour butler service and 24-hour power, an expansive deck with wildlife-watching telescope and a romantic outdoor sunken bathtub providing the perfect spot to relax. For families, there’s a family tent with two bedrooms. Younger guests can also enjoy the camp’s latest addition: the Bushcraft Challenge, with a range of activities based around survival skills, local culture, conservation and flora and fauna.
Game drives are included in the cost, in open 4x4s accompanied by experienced rangers and local Maasai spotters. Daily itineraries are flexible, so one day you might opt for a morning game drive, returning to the camp for lunch before a night drive in the conservancy, while the next you could embark on a full-day drive into the heart of the reserve and to the Mara River.
One of Mara Bushtops’ most impressive features is its award-winning Amani Spa. In a tranquil area 500 metres away from camp, you’ll find a heated pool (complete with in-water beds), sauna, steamroom, Jacuzzi, two treatment tents and even a gym. There’s no better way to end a day on safari than soaking in the spa’s star pool after dark, when the twinkling in-water lights reflect the star-lit sky.
11 Nights from £4,995pp
We’re here to help
• 1 night in Nairobi on arrival
• 5 nights room & breakfast at 5* Hemingways Watamu
• 4 nights all-inclusive on safari at luxury 5* Mara Bushtops Camp
• 2 game drives daily on safari. Night drives included. Walking safaris
• Award winning spa on safari; snorkel in Watamu Marine National Park
• Lodge Package
• 2 game drives per day
• Use of the Amani Spa’s pools, Jacuzzi and gym
• Park fees
• UK departure and overseas airport taxes
• Head out on game drives in the conservancy and into the heart of the Mara
• Take to the skies at dawn on a balloon safari over the Mara
• Discover the landscape from a different perspective on a guided bush walk
• Mara Bushtops’ Amani Spa has been voted Best Spa in Africa for the third year in a row at the World Luxury Spa Awards
• See the Mara River