Christmas in the Rockies
A special time; a special place
From fairytale snow across postcard landscapes to elk that resemble reindeer, a Christmas in Canada is the perfect seasonal retreat. A ‘white Christmas’ will suddenly make sense and instead of one Christmas tree, you can look forward to vast forests of them.
15 Days from £6,495pp
We’re here to help
• Fully escorted smaller group land touring with up to 36 guests
• Stays at the exclusive Fairmont Hotels and Resorts
• View rooms in Lake Louise and Banff and Junior Suite in Jasper
• 4 exclusive Scenic Enrich experiences
• Your choice of 19 Scenic Freechoice activities and dining
• 3 memorable Scenic Special Stays
• 21 meals – 13 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 6 dinners
• Fully escorted by expert local Tour Director
• Luxury group touring with knowledgeable local guides
• Complimentary Wi-Fi at selected hotels
• All tipping and gratuities
• Christmas in the stunning snowy mountains
• Day at a beautiful vineyards, rich in history
• Maligne Canyon Icewalk
• Marvel at the unique, natural phenomenon of ice bubbles trapped below the surface of Abraham Lake
• Visit a retired member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police
• Christmas dinner in an incredible medieval-like hall
Your journey into wonder begins with a two night Special Stay at the exclusive Fairmont Empress. Tonight celebrate your adventures at a welcome dinner.
Later, enjoy the ‘Magic of Christmas’ seasonal theme at the Butchart Gardens, with ice skating, Christmas lights, holiday wreaths and carol singers.
Discover some of Vancouver’s characterful neighbourhoods, such as Gastown, Chinatown and Stanley Park. Make the most of your visit to Capilano Suspension Bridge Park, which is even more mystical in the winter. Enjoy a two night stay at the EXchange Hotel Vancouver.
Day at leisure.
Drive into the picturesque Okanagan Valley, known for its fine wineries and abundant local produce. Immerse yourself in lakeside ambiance in the midst of British Columbia’s Wine Country at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, surrounded by picturesque mountains. Remainder of day is free for you to relax, unwind and enjoy the resorts facilities.
Spend the day visiting some of the region’s most innovative family-owned vineyards, including a fascinating winery owned and run by members of the local Syilx First nations band, merging modern culture with indigenous history. You’ll sample some wonderful wines along the way, enjoy a hands on harvest experience and feast on local produce with a delectable ‘farm to fork’ meal.
Keep a look out for wildlife such as elk as you arrive into Jasper. For the next two nights enjoy a cosy home at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge in a junior suite.
Day at leisure.
Travel along one of the most spectacular drives in the world, the Icefields Parkway.
Retire to your lakeview room at your two night Special Stay, Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise.
Today, the man in the red suit is a retired member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Make the most of your once-in-a-lifetime encounter.
The Canadian Rockies will astound you as you survey them from the top of Sulphur Mountain. At this festive time of year, the Fairmont Banff Springs resembles a magical castle in an enchanted forest. To make your magical winter fairytale complete, you’ll be ensconced in a mountain or valley view room for your three night Special Stay.
Merry Christmas. If you’ve been dreaming of a white Christmas, then today your dream comes true. Celebrate a traditional Christmas Day brunch with your fellow travel companions.
Continue the festive spirit with a pre-dinner drink in the grandiose Mt Stephen Hall. At this time of year the incredible medieval-like hall, with its rare antiques, paintings and oak-carved ceiling, is decorated with all the Christmas trimmings. Savour a classic Christmas dinner before dancing late into the evening.
Day at leisure.
Transfer to Calgary airport for your homeward flight.