Splendours of Jordan
Small Group Tour
This tour picks out the best of Jordan’s magnificent cultural heritage and stunning landscapes. Visit the classical city of Jerash, the biblical site of Mount Nebo and Petra, the rock-hewn city. The shifting sands of Wadi Rum and the curative waters of the Dead Sea complete your exploration.
7 Nights from £1,795pp
We’re here to help
• Spend two full days exploring Petra & tour the remote ruins at Little Petra
• 4×4 desert excursion over the dunes in Wadi Rum
• Time at leisure to enjoy the mineral-rich waters of the Dead Sea
• Visit the biblical site of Mount Nebo
• International flights
• UK departure and overseas airport taxes
• Accommodation, Itinerary & meal basis as described
• Local Transfers in an air-conditioned vehicle
• Fully escorted by an English-speaking guide throughout
Fly from London (regional connections available) to Amman with Royal Jordanian Airlines. Transfer to the InterContinental Amman for 2 nights.
Morning tour of Amman, visiting the citadel with panoramic views of the city and the restored Roman theatre in downtown Amman. Afternoon tour of the well-preserved Graeco- Roman city of Jerash, hidden for centuries in sand.
Travel along the King’s Way, visiting Madaba, home to a Byzantine mosaic map of the region; Mount Nebo, from where Moses first viewed the Holy Land; and the crusader castle of Shobak. Continue to Petra. Stay 3 nights at the Mövenpick Resort Petra, situated at the entrance to the site.
Take a guided tour of Petra, the rose-red city rediscovered by JL Burckhardt in 1812.
Return to the main site for more exploration with your guide. Optional evening visit to Petra by candlelight.
Morning visit to Al Beidha, or ‘Little Petra’, before driving to Wadi Rum for a 4×4 excursion into the desert. Afternoon transfer to the Dead Sea. Stay 2 nights at the Mövenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea.
Day at leisure. Optional morning excursion to the baptism site of Jesus in Bethany, on the banks of the river Jordan.
Transfer to the airport and fly from Amman to London with Royal Jordanian Airlines.