Discover Kerala with Boutique Hotels
Superior Private Tour
Southern India offers lush greenery and waterside tranquility that contrasts with the arid north. This tour takes in the beautiful sights and serene landscapes of Karnataka and Kerala. Included are the immense Maharajah’s Palace in Mysore, the wildlife of Nagarhole National Park, the lush landscapes of Wayanad, a rail ride through the Nilgiri mountains and a cruise along the peaceful backwaters of Kochi.
12 Nights from £3,295pp
We’re here to help
- See Mysore Palace illuminated by 100,000 lightbulbs
- Culinary tour of Mysore
- Afternoon tea at a planters house
- Ride the scenic Blue Mountain Railway
- Boat safari in Nagarhole National Park
- Stay in 4- & 5-star accommodation
- Small group size – average 14 people (maximum 20)
- The Leela Palace Bengaluru
- Raddison Blu Plaza Hotel Mysore
- The Serai Kabini
- Wayanad Wild – CGH Earth
- Gateway Coonoor
- Eighth Bastion
- Coconut Lagoon
- No single supplement on selected departure dates (limited availability)
- Small group size – average 14 people (max 18)
- 4- & 5-star accommodation
- International flights with Emirates
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles
- Experienced local tour manager
- 12 breakfasts, five lunches and three dinners
- Guided sightseeing and entrance fees
- Porterage at airports and stations
- Included safari and national park fees
- Balanced pace
Visit some of the highlights of this enchanting port, taking in the architectural styles that reveal Arab, Jewish and European influences. View the remarkable, cantilevered Chinese fishing nets, explore the 16th-century Portuguese-built Mattancherry Palace, the Church of St Francis and the world’s oldest active Jewish synagogue in historic Jew Town. Wander through markets and visit the vibrant Dhobi Ghats. Later, visit the Kathakali dance studio to see a traditional performance.
Drive to the backwater region of Kerala this morning. En route, enjoy a backwater cruise by shikara boat through narrow canals. This cruise explores the picturesque waterways, revealing boats carrying loads of coir, copra and cashews and, along the water’s edge, numerous churches and markets. Stay for two nights at the Coconut Lagoon.
Day at leisure. Optional village life experience or visit to Phillip Kutty farmhouse with lunch.
Morning transfer to the airport and fly to London, via Dubai, with Emirates.