Once-In-A-Lifetime Adventure Voyage to antarctica
A luxury cruise with a difference
The Greg Mortimer, an award-winning Aurora Expeditions cruise ship, is a ship like no other, featuring a state-of-the-art, revolutionary X-BOW, designed to make expedition cruising as gentle as possible while you travel through some of the most remote and unexplored areas of the world. Cross the ocean in comfort, with expansive observation decks and hydraulic viewing platforms to offer unobstructed views of the wildlife and stunning scenery, bringing you closer to your surroundings, and inviting communal areas that are ideal for swapping stories with fellow travellers. With a 30-year pioneering legacy and a relaxed Aussie spirit, enjoy an exceptional holiday with Aurora Expeditions.
Venture to the ends of the Earth and an otherworldly, remote land of glistening glaciers fringing icy seas, and come face to face with whales and colonies of penguins. Enjoy 2 nights in Santiago, with a city tour, and begin your Antarctica experience with a scenic flight from Punta Arenas into Antarctica before boarding the ship, and sail through the Drake Passage and around the beautiful Chilean fjords back to Punta Arenas at the end of the cruise.
12 Nights from £10,585pp
We’re here to help
• Overnight return Economy flights from London Heathrow to Santiago, via Madrid, and transfers.
• 2 nights at Cumbres Lastarria in Santiago on a bed-and-breakfast basis
• A half-day city tour of Santiago
• Return Economy flights from Santiago to Punta Arenas
• 1 night at a luxury hotel in Punta Arenas on a bed-and-breakfast basis before and after the cruise
• Flight from Punta Arenas to King George Island
• An 8-night cruise, staying in a Balcony Stateroom, with full board and activities
• 1 night at Holiday Inn Santiago Airport
• Wildlife encounters. Breeching whales, fights between elephant seals, penguin chicks chasing their parents for food, giant albatross and a screeching array of birdlife: stepping into Antarctica is like stepping into an entirely different world
• This is a great way to get close to curious seals and penguins, in the water and on the icy shoreline
• Spectacular sunrises and sunsets
• The Antarctic’s location on the globe means that the ethereal sunrises and sunsets go on for hours at a time, and at certain times of year the sun doesn’t set at all