Little Governors' Camp
Stunning Maasai Mara Experience
If you’re looking for a friendly tented camp that’s intimate in character and sits in one of Africa’s best wildlife viewing spots, this is it. It’s the reason many of the guests return year after year.
Little Governors’ lies a small boat ride across the river from its sister camps. There’s no vehicle access, with safari jeeps left on the far side of the riverbank, so it remains quiet and undisturbed. In fact the most commotion you’ll witness is if an elephant decides to wander through camp at lunchtime – that’s how close to the action you are here. It’s more than likely that you’ll hear hippos at night, and get up close with the resident family of warthogs. Breakfast and lunch buffets are served al fresco, there’s an open-sided bar tent and restaurant tent for candlelit dinners, and the campfire is lit at sunset.
Tents are set around the large watering hole. The lower numbered tents are tucked away in the forest, while the higher numbers sit further out towards the camp’s far boundary and are popular with honeymooners. As at Governors’ Camp, each tent has a double or twin beds, an en-suite bathroom area, electric lamps, and charge points for cameras and phones, plus a deck that provides the perfect spot for relaxed wildlife viewing.
As of 2017, a large bank of solar panels means that Little Governors’ can run on 100% solar power. All water is now heated by solar water heaters and each tent has its own solar water heater installed.
9 Nights from £2,995pp
We’re here to help
• 5 nights at 4* Breezes Beach Club, Zanzibar
• 1 night at Eka Hotel, Nairobi on a bed & breakfast basis
• 3 nights at 4½* Little Governors, Maasai Mara on full board
• Lodge Package – Breakfast, lunch and dinner in the dining tent or outdoors
• 2 or 3 game drives daily
• Airstrip transfers
• Park fees
• UK departure and overseas airport taxes
• Seek out the big cats that are well known by the camps’ driver/guides
• Book the hot-air balloon safari
• Visit a working tea estate
• Look out for leopards on a jeep safari
• Relax at a 5 Star beach resort