Passage Through Rajasthan
India makes a strong claim to be the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the exhilarating pace of life in its colourful and vibrant cities to its exquisite temples and superb scenery, few visitors ever leave disappointed.
History and culture, iconic sights, delectable food and changing landscapes; from the Himalaya to crumbling desert forts, and from national parks towards the lush south – luxury holidays to India invariably feel like a visit to more than one country.
The princely state of Rajasthan is India at its colourful best. Here, medieval forts gaze across the Thar Desert, Bengal tigers roam forest reserves, and sandstone palaces reveal a regal legacy. Following a tour of the imperial sights of Mumbai (Bombay), travel through the heart of Rajasthan, exploring magnificent forts and ornate palaces, finishing at the astounding Taj Mahal in Agra.
14 Nights from £2,745pp
We’re here to help
- Small group size – average 12 people (max 18)
- 4- & 5-star accommodation
- Flexible – extensions, room & flight upgrades available
- Direct international flights with British Airways
- Internal flights in India
- Transfers in air-conditioned vehicles
- Experienced local tour manager
- 14 breakfasts, 2 lunches & 6 dinners
- 2 included safaris in Ranthambore National Park
- Guided sightseeing
- All entrance fees included
- Porterage at airports & stations
- Balanced pace
- Trident Nariman Point, Mumbai (Bombay)
- Fateh Niwas
- Taj Hari Mahal
- Narendra Bhawan
- The Gateway Hotel Ramgarh Lodge, Jaipur
- Sawai Vilas
- Taj Hotel & Convention Centre
- Dine on typical Mewari cuisine on the rooftop of an historic fort
- Take a scenic train ride through rural Rajasthan
- Guided sightseeing in Mumbai
- Watch the sun set behind the sand dunes of the Great Thar Desert
- Sunrise visit to the Taj Mahal
- Stay at a former Maharajah’s hunting lodge
Start the day with a visit to the 16th-century Amber Fort. Spend the rest of the day exploring the royal city of Jaipur, including the City Palace, Jantar Mantar observatory and colourful bazaars.
Travel to Ranthambore for 2 nights at Sawai Vilas. Afternoon safari in Ranthambore.
Early morning safari in search of Bengal tigers. Afternoon at leisure or visit Ranthambore Fort and the NGO-supported Dastkar foundation, where local women produce handicrafts.
Morning drive to Agra, visiting the deserted sandstone city of Fatehpur Sikri en route and stopping at the lavish Laxmi Vilas Palace for lunch. Overnight at the Taj Convention Centre.
Sunrise visit to the Taj Mahal. Visit Agra Fort before departing for Delhi and an overnight stay at The LaLit New Delhi.
Transfer to the airport for the British Airways flight to London.